In my 11 years as an owner of a business, I have learned the following 11 things:
- Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Keep it simple stupid (KISS).
- Admit when you are wrong.
- Always lead with something positive.
- Attack the problem not the people.
- Most people don’t tell each other the truth and what they really think which is a shame.
- Take feedback. No matter what the feedback. Take it with a smile and use it to get better. No ego.
- Say please and thank you.
- When two arrows independently point to the same thing, it’s a sign. Pay attention.
- Divert a river, don’t dig a well.
- Assume all of your colleagues are smart people who are working with the best intentions for the company.
To the people who have taught me these lessons, you know who you are. Thank you.
Join the Conversation Revolution
Sign up to join the conversation revolution.
Thanks for joining our mailing list. Look for your first newsletter next Monday!